6 kinds of GARLIC planted Monday right before a slow off and on 2 day rain!!! Next comes the straw on top for over winter…Perseverance, Patience, Resilience!!!
Today at group I asked my guys to give me some quotes about their recent trip to TANGLETOWN FARM & the HARVEST BANQUET CELEBRATION…this is what they said:
- “Tangletown was pretty awesome!” (age 14)
- “it was fun watching the piglets run around in a group!” (age 14)
- “pumpkin pie was good! I didn’t know I liked it so much!” (age 7)
- “a lot of hard work went into the Harvest Banquet Celebration and it was TOTALLY worth it!!!” (age 13)
- “we are thankful for the turkey donations!”
- “Thank you to Zion Lutheran Church for hosting us for the banquet!” (age 13)
- “Thank you Tangletown Farm, Earthrise Farm, Farmer Abel, Crow River Family Services, Ron and Barb Andresen, the Turck family farm, St. Cloud State University MSW interns, Devin, “the Chicken Man”.
2014 DIRT GROUP PARTICIPANTS!!!
WOW!!! Last Friday we were fortunate to be able to conduct part of our group skills training session at Tangletown Farm near Plato, Minnesota! (Wise Acre Eatery, Tangletown Nursery, Tangletown Gardens) Dean Englemann and Justin provided a most amazing educational experience for all of us and we have much food for thought (pun intended) heading into mid-autumn (garlic planting season) and on into winter. The reports from DIRT GROUP participants and practitioners alike had nothing but GREAT things to say about this part of our group skills training session. From learning about growing soil, to learning about growing Scottish Highland Beef the learning environment was rich and I look forward to future collaborative efforts with these fine folks!
Here are a few images for now, but I have many blog ideas and information to share but these will have to wait as my week is moving at warp speed!
I can relate !!
I will be presenting on DIRT GROUP/inclusion on Saturday November 15th at a “Super Saturday” training for the Minnesota Association for the Education of Young Children (MnAEYC) and the Minnesota School-Age Care Alliance (MnSACA) in Golden Valley, Minnesota ( http://mnaeyc-mnsaca.org/ ), and delivering the keynote at the Central Minnesota School Counselors winter Conference (as well as a break-out session) at St. Cloud Technical College on December 12th
( http://cmsca.webs.com/ ) . Thank you, Kenny!!